Although summer doesn’t officially start for a few days, tummy-baring tops and cute little bikinis have probably already become a regular in your wardrobe rotation if you’re got some belly ring bling or a sexy belly chain to show off.
While regular exercise is really the best way to get a sexy, belly ring- flaunting tummy, we’ve collected some tips you can use to keep the bloating at bay.
1. Cut down on salt. Salt consumption makes you retain water which can cause bloating. Even if you don’t normally add a lot of salt to your food, start reading labels to see how much sodium a food contains. Canned foods in particular, such as soups can contain a high amount of sodium, as do some foods you might not expect: salad dressing, ketchup, bacon, cheese, and breads.
2. Drink plain water. This is a no-brainer. Carbonated drinks like soda and sparkling water continue to churn even after you drink them, which can cause pressure and bloating in your stomach.
3. Avoid processed foods. Processed white food in particular, like bread, pasta, etc. can be difficult to digest. Choose whole grains instead, such as brown rice, oats, and whole wheat breads, which are a good source of fiber. One word of caution: add fiber to your diet slowly to give your body a chance to adjust. Too much fiber too quickly can also bloat your digestive track.
4. Don’t chew gum. Chewing gum means you’re also swallowing air, which makes its way into the stomach and causes pressure.
5. Just say no fried foods. Foods cooked by deep-frying take longer to digest, which can cause an uncomfortably full feeling for an extended period of time. It’s best to avoid the deep fried shrimp basket if you plan to put on a bikini a few hours later.
6. Eat your veggies, most of them anyway. Veggies are an excellent addition to your diet, but avoid those that have been proven to product more gas: beans, broccoli, cabbage, and cauliflower to name a few.
7. Avoid large meals and eat slowly. Eating a big meal can do a number on the stomach, and gulping it down quickly can double the discomfort. Rather than eating three big meals a day, spread your menu out to include six smaller meals. This helps keep your hunger levels in control so you’re not ravenous before a meal, which can in turn, cause you to eat too fast.
Ready to show off your belly button rings or belly ring chains? Be sure to share with us! Send it, and you just might be a belly bling model. Get the details here.